Monday, February 22, 2010

Phoenix Project: Day 13

Wow! Lucky number 13! The snow is falling--not quite enough for the kids to have a snow day (which they are so disappointed by) but enough to making driving...interesting. My day was pretty uneventful...smooth sailing...until Bob got home from work. He's supposed to take Lukas skating tomorrow but he had a last minute conflict with work, again. I've been really, really trying to get to the gym a few times a week (work out a bit of that frustration) and because Bob can't go tomorrow, I'm going to miss my gym day, again. I knew there was no way I'd be able to get back to the gym again until Friday, so I did the completely logical thing--I totally lost it. Yep, super mature of me. I checked the class schedule for the gym and saw that there was a class starting tonight in 15 minutes but I knew, because of the crappy roads, there was no way I would get there on time. But, I changed my clothes and raced out of the house to the gym anyway.

I booked it into the gym and to the class, knowing I was late and...it hadn't started yet. In fact, people were still waiting outside the studio and the instructor hadn't arrived yet. I had enough time to change my shoes and get ready and the instructor appear apologizing because she thought the class was supposed to start at 7:40 instead of 7:30. Lucky for me (and the rest of my family) because I was able to get a really good workout, calm down and return to reality.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to clarify one of the comments I got yesterday. Right after I got my new (to me) car, I was driving the kids home and Kailyn said she didn't feel good. She then proceeded to vomit all over the back of the car--I mean ALL OVER the back of the car. It was down the door, on the seat, all down the back of the front passenger seat including the handy pocket and all over her. I definitely felt bad for her that she was sick BUT I felt more bad that our car could, potentially, smell like vomit FOREVER! So, I implemented a new rule (which may seem mean but I think it totally makes sense). If you're going to barf, open the collar of your shirt and puke all you want! I can throw clothes in the washing machine and a kid in the tub and in a few minutes they'll be good as new. Or if the clothes are to nasty, I can burn them. But the car, the carpet, the couch, the walls and all the other things in vomit radius will take me SO much longer to clean. In the shirt = contained nastiness. I think it's BRILLIANT! Soon everyone will be puking in their shirt...then they'll be buying shirts made specially for puke...ok, maybe I've taken it a little far but still...BRILLIANT!

No comments: