Sunday, February 21, 2010

Phoenix Project: Day 12

Usually Sunday mornings are a little...insane in our household. It doesn't matter what time we have to leave for church, we're always late. I was a bit nervous because Bob was gone this morning so I knew I'd have to do it all myself. I was really tired this morning but when I woke up, Lukas was sitting next to me quietly reading a book. He's so adorable! He woke up early but didn't want to wake me and didn't want to go downstairs by himself. It was a really wonderful way to start the day...and for the first time in a long time, we weren't late!

I really enjoyed the day. I was asked to substitute in a Primary class (the children's Sunday school) today and it was so refreshing to listen to kids sing and participate in the activities. I had a few minutes to spend with my little class and they were so well behaved! I have a serious appreciation for the Primary leaders and teachers. They have been so wonderful to my children and express great love, care and concern for them. I believe that it takes a village to raise a child and I am so glad that I have the support of this church to help me as I raise my family.

**On a side note: Bob made it home safe from his winter camp and with all limbs still attached!**

2 comments:

M said...

Wow Cheryl, Its so nice to have you back blogging again! Glad to hear bob made in home in one piece!

Cassandra Hill said...

Thanks so much for being willing to teach my class too! I'm still laughing about the vomiting into the shirt idea. Too funny!!