What an awesome day! It was, from start to finish, wonderful! I slept really well last night, which is surprising as I HATE sleeping alone (Bob's still camping). I was early enough to get to the gym and get an intensive workout, came home and mixed up some cookies (yes, this might have defeated the purpose of the gym) and headed out with friends to an Indian buffet for lunch (YUM!). I spent the day surrounded by great friends, good food and LOTS of laughing! I iced sugar cookies a stunning shade of green which, when consumed, tinted my tongue and teeth an unflattering hue!
Kelly came over for the "ol' kid switch-a-roo" and, lucky for me, she stayed for a movie. It was so nice to have a girls night. It was 2 years ago that, after a series of unfortunate events, we moved in the Kelly, Richard and the kids. It was 1 year ago that we were able to move out on our own again. While moving out here has been a very difficult experience for both our families, and I would never wish this kind of learning and growth on anyone, I have appreciated having Kelly be there with me. If there is truly someone who understands what I've been through and what I'm going through now, it's her. She has given me strength, support, charity, love and hope.
Yep, today has been a good, good day!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment