I have come up with a name for this new positive direction: Phoenix Project. The phoenix is a mythical creature that, at the end of its life, is burnt to ashes and out of those ashes rises a new, young (ha ha--don't I wish!) phoenix. I certainly feel like I've crashed and burned but it's time to rise up, better than before!
As for my positive moment of the day...Lukas and his ninjitsu class decided to raise money for Haiti by doing as many push ups as they could in 10 minutes. Lukas, being 6, had some difficulty understanding the tragedy in Haiti but really wanted to participate. He's been practicing over the last week and today he completed 167 push ups!! We are so proud of him for his effort! His practice total before today was about 90 so he really worked very hard tonight!
Kailyn also contributed to fundraising for Haiti. She sold Valentine cookie grams and thanks to donations from Grandma and Aunt Sherry, we have a TON of cookies to give away!
I am really pleased with the efforts both kids have made to help others who are suffering.


No comments:
Post a Comment