Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Finally...

This is for all my loyal and faithful readers...all 3 of you. I haven't really posted anything since October so there's a lot to catch up on and I'm not really sure where to start. Here's a quick chronological review (which I may fill in with better detail later).

I had my last birthday in November...I turned 29. This is it. This is the end. Much to my disappointment, I can feel my youth dissipating each day. I am officially getting old. I didn't really think it would hit me that hard but I was wrong! When people would ask me my age, they would seem surprised and now when I say I'm 29 they get this look. It resembles a look of pity and it is almost always accompanied by a sad shake of the head...Hopefully I'll be able to keep things in perspective and be too overwhelmed by my accumulating age.

I was offered a job!! This is very exciting news for us. I was really concerned about even looking for a job because jobs are scarce out here and the wages are much lower. I really didn't want to have to find work at a crappy retail store. I wanted to be able to work flexible hours with good pay and be able to be at home at night with the kids. Bob let me know that one of the office assistants was let go and asked me to bring a resume down to the office. I printed up a quick resume and took it in. They interviewed and hired me in just a couple of days. It is a fantastic job! The wages are amazing and they allow me work when Lukas is at school so I can be at home when he is. So, Bob and I both working for the same company.

We also had Christmas!! We were all able to fly back to Calgary and spend Christmas with our family and friends. The kids were so excited. When we asked Kailyn what she wanted for Christmas she told us that she wanted to spend it with Grandma--she was so shocked and surprised when we told her about our plans to go back.

Bob and I just got back from a beautiful trip to Jamaica! We've never been able to take a trip together and it was a fantastic getaway for the two of us. I got my very first stamp in my passport!! The weather was great--not too hot. I didn't come back with a sunburn! We relaxed on the beach, took tours, climbed the "Famous Dunn's River Falls" and ate a ton of amazing food.

I realize this is a very condensed version of life for the last several months but life has been really busy and I am trying to get my groove back. I seem to spend every day catching up. I usually work every other day so on my work days I'm catching up on things I missed from the day before and when I'm home I'm trying to catch up on laundry, cooking, cleaning (which I hate) and of course, visiting friends. I will make a better effort at updating the blog on a more regular basis...maybe...if I have time...

4 comments:

Holly Rice said...

Welcome back, and Happy tenth Anniversay glad to hear your well.

Cassandra Hill said...

Thanks for the update Cheryl! I like the pictures from your trip.

Jaime said...

Glad you guys are settling in out east! Jamaica sounds like lots of fun, lucky girl!

Dee- said...

thanks for the update, apparently I finally whined enough :)

take care, dee