Several years ago we took our kids and spend the summer in California. I was still carrying a little leftover baby weight from Lukas but I was determined to lose it while I was down there. I was success in losing weight but not in keeping it off. This is me and my sisters during my skinny Cali days:
For the next 4 years I gained weight despite the fact that I was constantly trying to lose it. I tried EVERYTHING to get it off. I signed up at a gym. I hired a personal trainer. I tried several diets. I signed up at a different gym. I would do 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weight training 5 days a week. Still no weight loss. I know that muscle weighs more than fat but my back fat was still exploding over the back of my pants.After we moved out here the pounds just kept coming until I weighed the same amount as I was the day before Kailyn was born. This was incredibly depressing. My clothes no longer fit and I was sinking lower and lower.
I started going to the gym again. I started working with a trainer...again. I started journaling my food intake and after 6 weeks and all the self control I lost...2 pounds. 2 STINKING POUNDS!! I sacrificed chocolate...I sacrificed popcorn...I cut back carbs for 2 pounds!!
My brother in-law, Richard (is opening a Gold's Gym out here) was listening to me complain...again...about my fat situation. He had been approached by a company that wanted the gym to carry it's products. Richard was going to do some research and try it out himself. But out of kindness, or a sincere effort to stop my complaining, he asked me to give it a test run.
This is my friend, Jillayne and I in March right before I started working out:
I was desperate. I had no other options. I'd tried everything else.
I was desperate. I had no other options. I'd tried everything else.The program I'm on is called Isagenix and basically it is a cleansing diet. Our bodies are filled with toxins (some of those are environmental and some are things we eat). As a natural defense, our bodies surround these toxins in fat to prevent them from entering into our blood stream causing more harm and damage. The cleanse removes the toxins and the fat comes off.
I still exercise. I still try to eat healthy and get rest. I don't feel hungry or deprived and I still eat junk, just not as much and not as often. The biggest difference I noticed was my energy and endurance. I could barely jog a block without being winded. About 3 weeks after I started with Isagenix I went out for my jog. I would do a walk/jog for about 3.5 km. I got to my first "rest stop" but I wasn't tired so I kept going. I got to the next "rest stop" but still wasn't tired. I kept going and jogged NON-STOP for 5.2 km! Never in my life had I ever done anything like that before.
I am happy. I am healthy. I AM HOT!! I love it!
Let me know if you have more questions. I'd be happy to answer them!!
2 comments:
Out of curiosity, does your family doctor have any thoughts on the cleanse?
Congratulations on your success! The pictures I've seen you always look good. But if you FEEL great that's even better.
Good for you Cheryl! You look really good!
Post a Comment