Sunday, September 07, 2008

Montreal (just a preview)

Bob has two very good friends from high school, Colin and Paul. The three of them all have birthdays within 2 weeks. A couple years ago we all met in Winnipeg to celebrate their 30th birthday and made a "pact" that every 2 years they would get together. This year the deal was to meet in Montreal (where Paul and his wife Bonnie live). Bob and I left last Friday and drove out to meet everyone. We had an amazing weekend! We spent the first night riding roller coasters at LaRonde--I'm terrified of roller coasters. The second day we spent shopping (window) and toured around old Montreal. The third day we went sight seeing and walked down to the park to see the locals playing drums (an informal jam session) and live role players (some dressed in costume) having a battle with styro-foam weapons. Bob and Paul borrowed swords and joined in--they're geeks. Then we headed back to the hotel for an evening swim and dessert! The weekend couldn't have been better! A huge thank you to Paul and Bonnie for showing us everything they love about Montreal and to Colin and Nikki for making this a fantastic getaway!
Bob and I ridiculously tired after the drive to Montreal.
Colin, Paul and Bob just being themselves!Our tour guides: Bonnie and Paul!Bob, Paul and Colin after the battle...Bob and I

No comments: