Saturday, August 09, 2008

James and Angela

I was able to drive down to Idaho with James on Sunday for the wedding! We stayed with Angela's grandparents for the first couple of days until my parents, Shawn and Jonathan arrived on Tuesday night. It was so great to meet Angela's family and get to know them a little before the wedding. There was lots to do and get ready before the big day. On Monday, Angela and James got dressed up in their wedding outfits a headed out to have their photos done (it was a little different but wonderful to have that done so the wedding day wasn't so chaotic).
Tuesday we relaxed a little, visiting with friends and family. Wednesday Angela went to the temple for the first time and then we headed back to her grandparents house for a wonderful dinner. A few of us, including the bride and groom, took off to Boondock's for some late night go-carting. As luck would have it, I often had a slower cart and Angela would wait for me on the track. At first I thought, "How nice, she's waiting for me 'cause my cart is so slow". But then she pointed and laughed at me and DROVE AWAY!! What a little punk! I have to admit, if the situation had been reversed, I would have done the same thing.

Thursday was the wedding! T flew up from California, which was awesome! It was a wonderful ceremony--Angela was so beautiful and James could hardly contain his excitement! the reception was held in Angela's grandparent's backyard. Kara and Patti did a phenomenal job decorating. It was such a wonderful experience to be down there--the wedding, the family everything was perfect.
Congratulations James and Angela! I am so excited for the two of you!

1 comment:

Schmitt Family said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun. Wish you could have gone home past our place. I miss you. I hope that you have had a good summer with your family.