This has been quite a week for me. About 2 weeks ago, I got a call from my friends Jeremy and Allyson. We've known each other for many years--we followed them from the northwest end of Calgary to the south when we moved to Evergreen 3 years ago. They wanted to know if I would come to Calgary for a week and visit. They bought my ticket and even gave me a car to drive while I was there. Thursday, March 27th was my Mom's birthday so I was able to completely surprise her when I showed up at her house that morning. I able to see all my family and friends. I had a wonderful time visiting with Allyson--even though she repeatedly beat me at SkipBo. We stayed up way too late almost every night, Jeremy made BBQ steak twice, we went hot tubbing and baked cakes and goodies all week!! I've been really blessed to have such great friends!!
When I came home, I was really tired. There way an envelope waiting for Bob and I with this card from my sister, Elizabeth:

Inside was an encouraging note that things will get better (this has been quite the year for us) and a travel itinerary for a trip to Jamaica for Bob and I this summer!! I have to say that I was completely shocked! We have had so many family and friends that have been so supportive during all the craziness we've been through and we are extremely blessed!! We are surrounded by people that love us unconditionally and I feel overwhelmed (and a little undeserving) by the many acts of love and kindness given to us.
Thank you so much--
XooxOxxoOx
4 comments:
Lucky girl-getting to go to Jamaica! I am so jealous, I hope you have a good time!
We hope you know that you do deserve all of these 'random acts of kindness' you are both wonderful! (Your Father is aware of you -never forget this) We are glad you are back 'home' safe and sound... the weather is starting to change into spring and with that all kinds of great adventures will begin xoxo let the games begin.... love you
Life is full of wonderful suprises just waiting to be given out! What a wonderful blessing...time with your husband! I am glad you are back...maybe we can schedule that girls night soon! Xoxo
Hi Cheryl,
We might have been in Calgary at the same time! I got there March 31st. I'm sorry about your tough year but glad you have good family and friends! Life is sure not easy sometimes but we are meant to find joy and it looks like your turn for that is coming soon!!!
Post a Comment