Saturday, May 15, 2010

Phoenix Project: Day 95

Well, today didn't go exactly as I planned. I was supposed to go to Toronto with our youth for a temple trip and we rented a bus to get there. We had such a great turn out that the bus filled up with youth and some of the leaders had to drive. I took my car with Meagan and Myril.

We were about 20 minutes from the temple in Toronto and traffic was moving pretty good. A car, driven by a little old man, came down off an over pass and, without signalling, moved right into us. I swerved to get out of his way but I lost control of my car, fishtailed across 5 lanes of traffic, spun a 180 and hit a retaining wall.

We were so lucky that we didn't hit any other vehicles. It could have been so much worse. None of us were seriously injured; Meagan hit her knee and we took her to the hospital to have it checked out and it's bruised but it should be ok.

1 comment:

Cassandra Hill said...

Cheryl, I'm so glad to hear that nobody was hurt! That must have been really scary. Let me know if you need anything!