So far, it's been an INSANELY busy week. Tonight I was at the church having a mother/daughter activity with Kailyn and Bob was with his scouts. I wasn't sure what to do with Lukas and, even though Bob probably could have taken Lukas with him, I didn't want him to be up too late on a school night. I persuaded Jillayne to come over and watch him until I could get home.
By the time I got home, I was exhausted! Truly, I wanted to collapse on the couch and not move for the rest of the night. But, being some what responsible, I headed into the kitchen to look at (not do) the dishes from dinner. What I found was a clean kitchen with all the dishes washed and counter cleaned.
I know it probably wasn't a big thing for Jillayne to tidy up the kitchen for me but (I'll blame it on the exhaustion) I almost cried because I was so happy that I didn't have to do them AND didn't feel guilty for not doing them. She spent her night watching Lukas AND did my dishes...her simple act of service completely turned my day around.
Thank you!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment