Sunday, May 09, 2010

Phoenix Project: Day 89

MOTHER'S DAY!! I am so grateful for the many wonderful women in my life. I have my Mom--she's always been amazing! She's the type of person who can do anything: cook, clean, work, fix a washing machine, lay tile, sew, knit, computer programming, shop, babysit, re-wire a lamp...she's practically a super star!

I have wonderful grandmothers who still spoil me. I am blessed with aunts who are still very involved and connected with me and my children...Aunt Sherry calls all the time just to see how we're doing. Even though she wasn't able to have children of her own, she is cherished as a mother and grandma in our home.

I am also blessed to have sisters and sisters in-law who have inspired me to be a better mom. There have been many times that they have strengthened and sustained me when I've been overwhelmed.

Friends...good friends have made being a mother so much easier. There is something about getting together with girl friends to talk about...whatever, that decreases the amount of stress I feel. There's a saying, "If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy" and friends help make me happier!

Thank you to all the wonderful women in my life!

No comments: