Today my inspiration for this post comes from Lukas' ninjutsu class. Usually I drop Lukas off and Bob picks him up on his way home but Bob's working out of town so I just waited and watched the class. Lukas has an amazing teacher! He's very engaging and fun but also disciplined. Today there were new students in his class and during one exercise the entire class of 6 - 9 year olds had to hold a push up position...for EVER! The new kids were wiggling around and couldn't hold it very long but Lukas did a really great job. At one point, his instructor said, "Look at Lukas! He's a MACHINE! Look at how well he's doing!"
As soon as the class ended Lukas came running running over to me and said, "Did you hear what he said to me? He said that I'm a MACHINE!"
I am always impressed to see others build self confidence and self esteem in my children. Lukas has definitely made great strides with his class under the dedicated teaching of his instructor. I would really love to learn how to build up others the way this wonderful teacher did.
What a great moment!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment