Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Phoenix Project: Day 84

I've been working on my Personal Progress (which is a goal setting program used in our church with the 12-18 year old girls to help them develop spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and socially) and because I'm a leader, I need to set the example and complete mine as well.

For the next couple of weeks I'm working on this goal:
  • Read Doctrine and Covenants 18:10 and 121:45. Do all you can to build others and make them feel of worth. Every day for two weeks notice the worthwhile qualities and attributes of others. Acknowledge them verbally or in writing. In your journal write what you have learned about the worth of individuals and how your own confidence grows when you build others.

This goal is really good for me because, not only does it fit in with my Phoenix Project in being a more positive person but it also helps me look outside of myself and what I'm doing and look at other around me.

My inspiration for today comes from Bob. He had a really long day at work and didn't get home until 7:30. When he walked in the door I asked him if he wanted me to make him some dinner and he said he'd get something in a few minutes. Then he disappeared. After about 40 minutes I went to check on him and he was upstairs with Lukas; both of them were sitting on the floor playing a game and chatting back and forth. About 20 minutes later he came down and talked with Kailyn for a while then about 9:00 he headed to the kitchen for some dinner. He has always been an amazing dad but I think he gets better as he gets older! He always makes time for his kids even when it's not convenient.

You (my loyal readers, which in honesty is probably just my MOM ;) are welcome to join me and for 2 weeks look for the positive and worthwhile qualities in those around you. It can be family, friends, strangers...anyone! Then either post a comment or a link to your blog and let me know how it's going! I'd love to hear back!

Good Luck!

1 comment:

Cassandra Hill said...

I love this idea! Count me in!