Friday, April 02, 2010

Phoenix Project: Day 52

It's PASSOVER! At least it was Passover for us! Last year our friends invited us to come for Passover and it was such an AMAZING experience that I didn't want to miss it this year!

We started the day with a ward brunch; there was a huge turn out and lots of delicious food. The YW of their ward were raising money with a bake auction. I actually took the dessert I made for our dinner to the auction so we could buy it and bring it back--just to give them a little extra money.

The request for dessert was "Sticky Toffee Pudding" and I had no idea what that was...so I googled it! Then I compared a bunch of different recipes to see which one was best. The recipe I used was easy and delicious--which is always a bonus.

We wanted to raise a few dollars for the cake but we didn't want someone else to outbid us; when I filled out the card I called it, "Fruit Cake" which sounds much less desirable than "Sticky Toffee Pudding". It does actually contain dates so therefore falls into the Fruit Cake Category so I didn't feel too bad about the name. Lucky for us, we won all the desserts we put bids on!

Dinner was AMAZING again this year. The marinated leg of lamb was roasted outside on the fire and we had roasted potatoes, pitas and greens to accompany it. The whole experience was memorable. It has definitely changed the way I think about the Easter season...we gone beyond the bunny. We spent the day surrounded by good friends, good food and great conversation--I don't think it gets any better than that!

No comments: