These are my wonderful friends, the Bradleys. I met them a couple of weeks after Kailyn was born when we were living in Edgemont. Alexis is only a few months younger than Kailyn. Jaxon is a year older than Lukas and Rylee is just turned 3. We've been through a lot together over the years...spent a lot of late nights drinking diet Pepsi and trying to beat Jeremy at cards.When Jaxon was born, Bob and I had just left to go camping for the weekend (yeah--I think that may have been the last camping trip I was on) and when we got back we heard that Allyson had been in the hospital in labour. So we shower, of course, and head directly for Rockyview Hospital. When we arrived at the information desk they told us that only really close family and friends we allowed to visit. I adamantly proclaimed that we were really close friends (which we were). The information woman then smugly replied, "Well, she was released 2 days ago." with a look that said, "Yeah, some friends you are!"
Anyway, it was Jeremy and Allyson that sponsored my last trip out here in March--which was a fantastic trip for me. Things had been kind of intense for me and it was great to step out of that world for a bit.
The other day I was trying to figure out my summer plans and was a little disappointed that I wouldn't be able to drive out to see my friend, Starr, in Saskatchewan. I asked Jeremy if I could borrow one of his vehicles for that week. Then he called me on Wednesday and said I was welcome to come and pick up his Sunfire anytime. I tried to remind him that I only needed a car for that week in August but he insisted that he wasn't using it anyway. I now have my own set of wheels!!
It has been great to spend time with them--even though Allyson kicks my butt every time we play cards together. I think life is difficult, a lot of the time. It is a tender mercy to have such good friends. Thanks for all you do for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment