Thursday, April 29, 2010

Phoenix Project: Day 79

Another busy day! When I got home from work I realized that we didn't have any granola bars for the kids lunches for Friday. I decided to whip up a batch of cookies--and they were delicious. As I was finishing them up I remembered that I had volunteered to bring a cake into Kailyn's school fundraiser on Friday. So I quickly mixed up a homemade cake and I was mixing in the final ingredient, pure almond extract, when it hit me that ALMONDS can't be in a nut-free school. So I had to finish the cake I started and then start a new NUT-FREE one. Did I mention that I was racing out to a 7:30 meeting??

Best part of the day? That would have been when Bob stepped in to help me make the 2nd cake for the school. He also stayed up with me while I decorated it. I am so glad that I didn't have to stay up late all by myself ;)

No comments: