Friday, April 09, 2010

Phoenix Project: Day 59

I went home after a long day at work; not that the work was challenging but I had so much weighing on my mind that it was difficult to concentrate and stay focused. Bob called me to let me know that he wouldn't be home until 9:30 and I was on my own with the kids. The first thing I did was...

order pizza...

I'll admit that I was a little bummed out that it would just be me and kids--not that I wasn't happy to be with the kids but I couldn't stop stressing and I need to be distracted. I actually said, "I really need to be distracted from all of this...maybe I could start calling people and invite myself over." But, I decided that would be too desperate ;) so I ordered pizza and crashed in front of the TV with KC. About 15 minutes later, I get a text from a couple of friends wanting to come over. I know they had NO IDEA how much I need to have some fun or how much I really appreciated the company while I waited for Bob to come home.

Today I am really grateful for pizza and friends!

No comments: