Sunday, March 21, 2010

Phoenix Project: Day 40

There were 3 big things that stood out to me today:
  1. Our sacrament meeting (which is where the WHOLE congregation meets together) had 2 amazing talks about modesty. One of the standards we try to teach our youth is modesty and it's very challenging especially with many of today's fashion trends. We avoid short skirts and shorts and we try to find clothing that covers our shoulders, backs and navels. In addition, we also avoid clothing that is too tight or revealing. Both talks discussed the purpose of modesty and the challenges we face in trying to keep this standard.
  2. KC and Lukas were getting ready for bed and Lukas, being REALLY over tired and grouchy was whining about EVERYTHING. I hugged him and sent him to bed and then went to put on my pjs. A few minutes later I heard KC singing lullabies to Lukas to help him fall asleep. AAAAWWWWEEEE! So amazing!
  3. I chatted on the phone with my sister and she relayed the funniest story to me. Apparently, her daughter Zoe was playing with our best friends kids, Jaxon and Rylee. The three of them were playing house when my best friend Allyson overheard them--they were pretending to be Hot Bob (which is what we call Bob), me and KC! I laughed out loud!! Kids are so funny!

The more I stop and look for positive things, the harder it is to see the challenges. I've seen a huge difference in my outlook since the commencement of this project and I'm excited to see more progress.

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is so true, hell and heaven are states of mind. If you choose to find the good in things you will find good all around you and the same goes for finding bad. You have the power to change your outlook and manifest the reality you choose to see. What an inspirational blog you have begun Cheryl, I'm positive you have sceen your world transform around you! Soon you will have to change the name, project success, the Pheonix has risen!