Monday, March 08, 2010

Phoenix Project: Day 27

Today felt like I was constantly rushing. I left for work a few minutes early (which rarely happens) and got almost half way there and realized I left my cell phone and wallet on the coffee table...back home and then slightly late for work. After work on Mondays I always drive over and pick Kailyn up from school because she has ballet and her bus doesn't get her home until 5:20. Traffic was unusually busy BUT it was so beautiful out that I opened the sunroof, blasted the radio and sang as loud as possible!

Rushed from the school home and rushed from home to the ballet studio and was about to rush home to start dinner before rushing back to ballet studio when Kailyn said, "Umm, I think it's parent's day and you can come in and watch my class." I parked the car and Lukas and I went in to view the class.

There's something relaxing about watching ballet--they are so graceful and the music is soothing--I could almost fall asleep. It was really great to stop in the middle of a busy day and watch Kailyn's class; it helped me to slow down and enjoy the really important things.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Bravo Cheryl! Stop and watch ballet, attended 1st skating class. No one will remember dinner was late or you didn't make it to the gym, but your children will always remember you were there. Well done.