Thursday, March 04, 2010

Phoenix Project: Day 23

I'm going to dedicate today's post to a very special someone:


It's my brother James! Today is his birthday (and this is probably the only photo in existence in which I am taller than him--older brother, Shawn on the left, me on the right and James front and centre) and I am grateful for him. We're only 15 1/2 months apart so growing up, we had a lot of the same friends. James LOVES rugby and I have spent many hours watching him play and cheering him on. He also loves to sing and has performed in many groups and choirs. My favorite story about James:

One night, James and a friend were driving home and James noticed the car in front of them. He said, "Hey, I know those guys--when we stop at a red light, I'm going to jump out and scare them!" At the next red light he jumped out and ran up to the car. He threw open the door and let out a Shrek-like ROAR then closed the door and walked back. As he climbed back in the vehicle he turned and said, "Wrong car--I didn't know them!" The light turned green and the car in front of them squealed off as fast as possible.

James is very kind and loves kids. When he was on his mission, he made a doll version of himself, complete with clothes and a missionary tag, and mailed back to Kailyn. It was so adorable--actually, she still has it.

I have been so blessed to have him in my life--he's been a wonderful little brother and a trusted friend. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Heather said...

HappY Birthday James!!! I sure hope you check Cheryl's blog!