Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Girls Camp

Last week I was able to attend girls camp as a leader. For anyone that knows me at all, you know that I really don't like camping...unless it's in a hotel, with room service. But, I went and had lots of fun with the girls and the other leaders. Here's a few pics of the "camping experience":

me and "Opa" trying to keep the bugs away me working on my emergency shelter. Opa and I had to teach a class to some of the girls on how to make an emergency shelter. With a little help from google, we were able to create a masterpiece!
Opa posing for a pic
me inside the poncho shelter
Opa
both of us in the shelter
we were so proud of our shelter that we gave it a name "Chateau Poncheau" for all your emergency needs! here's me, taking advantage of the hood window!
I wouldn't do it unless Opa did it too!
Here's one of our girls getting right into it!
Here's our wonderful students and their version of Chateau Poncheau.
On our last day, the leaders organized a mock disaster and the girls had to quickly adapt and respond to the scenarios presented to them. Here's JP looking a little injured.
Group shot on our final campfire. The girls were amazing and the leaders were exhausted by the end of the week.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Cheryl! Only you would google how to set up an emergency shelter. You know in a real emergency your internet might be down- what then??

Jaime said...

Wow, it must have brought back alot of memories going to girls camp! Didn't we even have to build a shelter like that somewhere?