In the last year, since we moved to the other side of the world (London, ON), I've taken up a new hobby. I am a blog stalker. Before you judge me too quickly, understand that I've had a lot of time on my hands and rather than sit and think about my own life, I read about other people's. Most of the blogs I read I have stumbled onto through my friends' blogs (so there is only a few degrees of separtation). Some blogs I read are people I'd seen before but never really got to know. Others are people I've heard of but never met.
A few months ago, I stumbled on a blog through a friend of a friend of a friend and she had taken part in a TV weight loss program. My interest was peaked because I had been trying (unsuccessfully) to loss weight for some time and because she lives in Calgary. I watched the show and was motivated by her drive to succeed and reach her goals. I emailed her a couple of times--nothing big--but when I came out here to Calgary for the summer I sent her another message letting her know I was in the city. For the record (and I'm sure everyone says this) but I've never taken stalking/lurking to this level before. This is a whole new experience for me. She sent me a quick message back but I had so many things going on that I didn't get a chance to call her.
A few days later, I went to see my bff, Al. She had told me that some people from her neighbourhood had stopped by and asked her to join them in a late night walk. It didn't take long for me (with the help of my CSI detective skills) to realize that the person I had been blog stalking was one of the people that had invited Al for the walk. So we put on our shoes and walked the two blocks over to her house and I introduced myself. We had a great chat that evening and I've invited myself to go on the evening walks as well.
A few days later, I met up with a girl I've known for a while and we were swapping blog stalking stories. Her experience was pretty funny too.
I realize the first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem...I stalk blogs...so now what?
8 years ago
1 comment:
Ok, Cheryl, I sometimes blog stalk too. I rarely leave comments. Is that bad? Well, I guess I should let you know that I read your blog all the time and love that you are so good at keeping it up to date. Maybe I'll comment more so you know that your efforts are appreciated.
Also, here's a selfish request. I'd love to see more pictures of the house, the yard, and random places in London. I hope you are loving life out there and wish you the best.
Heather Gibb
Post a Comment