Saturday, May 17, 2008

Book Club

This week I've been busy reading the autobiography, "The Stream Runs Fast" by Nellie McClung for our book club this month. I found this book very easy to get into and easy to read. I had to keep reminding myself of the era which her story takes place. It's amazing to me how many things have changed in such a short period of time--and yet so many things are still the same.

I was totally drawn in by her introduction (sorry the picture is a little fuzzy); she is an amazing woman who devoted her life to helping others. But, she was also fun and spunky and full of life. I enjoyed hearing her tell of her struggles and triumphs as a wife, a mother and a Canadian woman. She was one of the front runners for change in this country and her story helped me understand and appreciate all the rights, privileges and responsibilities that I have.

If you get a chance, read a little about this ordinary woman who did extra-ordinary things with her life. One person really can make a difference.

1 comment:

Corey and Lisa said...

Hey Cheryl, I always love book suggestions. I'll have to read this sometime!