Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Foot Update...

We went to see the surgeon on Thursday and so far, Bob won't need to have surgery. He has to go back on Thursday to have follow up x-rays taken to make sure everything is healing properly. They put him in a fiberglass cast and ordered that no weight be put on it for at least 6 more weeks. So Bob spends most of his time with his foot elevated, reading or watching tv.

Bob's boss has been calling regularly and sending work literature through email. Hopefully, Bob will be completely healed and ready for work when the spring season starts.

The kids have been very helpful--when Lukas saw Bob's foot, he brought one of his favorite toys, Bobo the Sheep, for Bob to snuggle. Lukas said that we had to very gentle with Bobo because he has a broken foot just like Daddy.
Things are probably going to be difficult for a while as he's very limited in what he can do. Unfortunately for me, we're moving at the end of the month and he won't be able to help very much.

1 comment:

Corey and Lisa said...

HA! I found you! I didn't know you blogged! How are you guys? Looks like Bob isn't doing too great. You say you are moving again? Last time we chatted you said you were moving east..what's next??
I'm glad to have found your blog....I can't believe your kids are so big! I'll check back in here often to see what's up in your life.....I am not on Facebook hardly ever but my blog, I am there all the time so say hello if you feel like it! Take Care!

Lisa