Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween!

It is common knowledge to my close friends and family that I don't really get into Halloween (unless we're attending a Moxley party). We didn't really do Halloween when I was little so I don't have that excitement that tend to get in this season. Bob LOVES Halloween! Next to Christmas, this is his favorite "holiday". The other day I heard him tell someone that I hate Halloween. So I decided to use an idea from my friend, Kate, and put together a costume. Bob seemed to thoroughly surprised by my lapse in Halloween "scrooge-ness" and congratulated me on my effort.Lukas the Puppy, Ben the Terrible Pirate, Bob as the Phantom of the Opera and Kailyn as Christine Daas (also from Phantom) Our little family: me as the Paperbag Princess, Lukas, Bob and Kailyn
Most people didn't know who Kailyn was supposed to be--even when she told them, "I'm Christine Daas". They thought she was just saying her own name.

My effort--at least Bob can't say that I didn't try...
Ben worked on his costume for 30 minutes right before they left to out. He did pretty good though and he got TONS of candy!
This is the costume Kailyn wore during school. My Dad made this for her and she loves it! She also wore a poncho and her little moccasins.
Lukas kind of looks like a two-headed puppy!

1 comment:

Cassandra Hill said...

I love your costumes! You all look amazing! Very creative too. Hope you had a fun night!