Bob proposed to me in Banff in January of 1999. It was a beautiful but cold day. Even though I was expecting it...my reaction was still unexplainable. I laughed. I don't know why. I laughed a lot. He put the ring on my finger anyway. Later that day, over lunch, he mentioned that I didn't respond to the question. I hadn't actually accepted. I quickly blurted out a "YES" or something like that.
The wedding was wonderful. We had many close friends and family attend. We were married on the 7th in southern Alberta and held our reception on the 8th in Calgary. On our trip back to Calgary, the shifter cable in our car broke and we were stranded. We were able to get a mechanic to look at it and we could make it back only if we drove in 2nd or 4th gear. It was a very frustrating drive back and we were late for everything. I had to get dressed at the hair salon. We were late for our pictures and then late for the reception. We had many wonderful friends and family there to celebrate with us. Despite the unforeseeable set backs, we had a fantastic day!
Bob is a devoted husband and father. He is my best friend and I really don't know how I ended up so lucky. It's not very often that one finds their soul mate so young and are able to fight the odds to make a happy life together. I can't wait to write the next chapters of our life together! Happy Anniversary, Bob!
2 comments:
Awwwh, so sweet Cheryl. Congratulations!
I'll agree Bob's a great guy. Nice to be able to keep track of him since coming home from the Czech Republic.
Bobe, Pamatujes mne? Starsi Hone! email me some time sgthone12b@sisna.com
Post a Comment