Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Week in Review

Things have been really busy this week. It kicked off with Easter--my Dad and Jared came up from southern Alberta and then Jen came down from Rocky Mountain House.

Then on Tuesday, Sarah, Christa and I had Craft Tuesday. Christa did our craft and made a wonderful lunch featuring naan bread with grilled asparagus wrapped in chicken. She did an awesome job!

Wednesday kicked off with lunch at Allyson's--we had my favorite tomato sandwiches on cheddar bread. Then I left there to get ready for pamper night at Amber's. I had a great time. Heather came over to do massages and did pedicures...Amber spent 3 hours baking cinnamon bread, rolo cookies, artichoke dip, skor fruit dip and preparing fresh fruits and veggies. I'd say the evening was a total success!

Thursday I packed up Kailyn, Lukas and Zoe for a trip to the Bunnage house. Kati, Lilla and Izsak met us all there. Kelly, Kati and I spent the day relaxing and watching "The Holiday" or at least trying to relax and watch a movie in between chasing kids, making bottles and keeping Izsak from running (crawling) away.

FRIDAY the 13th! This was a fun day! Kati arranged for us to all go out for Jay's surprise birthday dinner. Kelly and I gathered all the presents from Kati's house and raced over to Chili's. We were seated about 5 minutes before Jay and Kati showed up. Jay was shocked to see us--he wasn't expecting anything because his birthday is next week. Heather and Jacob came next, followed by Richard. The present was the best part though. I gave Jay a new game for a Wii--Jay doesn't have a Wii and though they've been trying to get one, they sell out before they can even be stocked. So, Kati (right on cue) says, "Oh, I didn't get him a Wii. Sorry, I thought you knew I wasn't getting it." I follow it up with, "I'm so sorry--I'm really embarrassed. I thought you were getting one. Don't worry, we can take it back." Then Kelly says, "Well, don't even bother opening mine because I thought you were getting Wii." Kelly's gift was the Wii Numchuk. Things are awkward for a minute and then Kati reaches into her purse for her gift to Jay--BUT she actually reaches under the table to grab the carefully placed present. Jay opens it...and...a Wii!! I think Jay summed it up best when he said the family is full of liars and gullible people. This was so fun!! After dinner we had to head back to Jay and Kati's to hook up the new game and try it out. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAY!!

No comments: