Sunday, March 11, 2007

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

So, I guess once something is published on the blog, it is definitely true. Over the past few weeks, I've had the intuition that something big was coming. I know there are those out there who would like to hear that we are having more children--WE ARE NOT!

Bob graduated last summer and has been looking for a job in the "environmental/geographical" fields and hasn't been able to find one. We are taking our family and moving east to the London, Ontario area. This comes as a huge shock to everyone, including me. I never thought I would be leaving Calgary and more importantly, my family and friends. This is going to be a wonderful thing for our family and for Bob...but so hard to leave all those we have grown to love.

Bob will be leaving in a few weeks to secure employment and a home and the kids and I will be following during the summer. I want to emphasize that while we will be far from here (and coming back to visit often) we will be very close to the Great Lakes and only a day trip from New York City and Washington DC. When planning your vacations--please consider coming to see us.

This is going to be very difficult for me to leave my Mom and my sisters (in-laws included). I have been very close to them and rely on them so much. They are my very best friends and it breaks my heart to leave them. The greatest,most wonderful, fantastic consolation? We have family on Bob's side that will be moving out to the London area about the same time. (I'm not telling who it is but you can call 403-912-2333 for more clues...) It does bring me peace to know that we will still be close to them. Bob also has many aunts, uncles and cousins all around that area that we look forward to seeing.

Stay tuned to more updates...

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Bob and Cheryl!! I saw the link to this page on Sarah's blog and I couldn't help but look. I know it is scary and tough but Jyle and I moved out here all on own and it has had its ups and downs but, overall, it was worth it. You have such a close relationship with your family, which makes it harder, but you are going to look at yourselves a year from now and think, "wow, we sure have come a long way."

May your move and the adventure that awaits you be blessed and everything that you need it to be!

Dee- said...

Hi...I'm in denial even if it is written on your blog (LOL). In all seriousness though #102 on my "To Do" list is "have more friends across the country" - excellent I can now cross that one off! and Starr, Amber & I will be taking you up on the day trip to New York! maybe NY has roofs on fire as well!

Mwhitmer said...

That is so exciting Cheryl and Bob. We are considering moving to Montana next year. We don't know anyone there either so I can understand the excitement you might be feeling. Way to go on doing what you feel is important and right despite any hardships it might bring. What a growing experience.;
Love ya guys

Megan Whitmer