December 15, 2006
To our friends and family,
We hope this letter finds you all happy—our deepest apologies for being so terrible for keeping in touch. This season always makes me reflect on the family and friends we have spread through the world. There is something about Christmas that makes me redirect my focus on things that are most important…which is why Christmas cards and letters mean so much to me.
This year has been very eventful for our little family. This summer we had visits from Elizabeth, Dani and Sydney. It was wonderful to see them. We were able to get a family picture done with everyone!! It’s been several years since the last one. This fall we were visited by Bob’s Aunt Ann & Uncle Bob as well as Aunt Louise. Bob was also able to see Kerry and JD for a while on their lay-over in Calgary.
In June, Bob finally graduated from the University of Calgary with a degree in Biological Sciences and a degree in Geography…what can he do with that? (I know you must be thinking that because I was.) He is hoping to find a placement in an environment company doing anything from testing soil and water to planning and maintaining work sites. This summer we also celebrated Bob’s 30th birthday. We used Pedro (from Napoleon Dynamite) as inspiration for his party—partly because Bob looks Mexican in the summer and he’s a little strange like Pedro. We especially enjoyed watching him kick some “ass” as he tried to break open his burrow piñata. We also went to Winnipeg to celebrate some birthdays; Bob and is friends, Colin and Paul, all have birthdays at the same time and all turned 30. It was awesome to see so many friends: Colin & Alana, Paul & Bonnie, Sanjay & Candice, Aaron & Rachelle, Ryan and Tanya.
Kailyn started Grade 1 this year. She is a very bright and talented little girl. She is also extremely tenderhearted. One day, she was telling me that she befriended a little girl in her class that the other kids were making fun of. She said it wasn’t right and decided to not only be her friend but help her make friends with the other kids in class. She also has her signature curly hair but we have straightened a few times—Kailyn thinks she should have another name when her hair is straight because she looks so different.
Lukas is a bright little 3 year -old—he loves playing the computer and really good at it. He can log on to the computer, get on-line, find his favorite websites and maneuver through the games he likes to play. This spring, we had tubes put in Lukas’ ears and since then, he has been talking constantly. His favorite movie is “Cars” and he loves to play with any car, truck or train.
I have also been busy; I was working for a salon as the retail manager but this took me away from my family too much. While I enjoyed working I need to be home more. I am still debating about going back to school. I would really like to finish a degree in English with a creative writing major. I’ve kept myself busy helping my sister, Christa, with my new little niece, Zoe. Zoe’s not quite a month old. I’ve also been trying to keep our blog updated with pictures and news. We’ve had lots of babies born this year in our extended family, all their information is posted on the blog. If you have a chance, check it out: http://www.cbcondron.blogspot.com/ .
We wish you Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday!
Love: Cheryl, Bob, Kailyn & Lukas
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment